Thursday, July 19, 2007

Aw, Shucks, Gee Thanks, Y'all!

Ever since I sent out the email about my diagnosis and blog, many people have emailed me such kind thoughts. For reals--I'm going to have the most ginormous (that's a real word, btw) party in the world when I get my new boobs, and you're all going to see them whether you like it or not. It's going to be a BOOBS OUT party! Woohoo! Something to look forward to!

I'm radioactive right now. I got a call this morning to take my butt on over to the hospital for a bone scan because they had a sudden cancellation and could fit me in. So they injected me with radioactive isotopes, and I have to go back soon for the scan. The isotopes will travel to "hotspots" in my body where there's increased cell activity, thereby providing another picture of where cancer has possibly spread. I'm NUCLEAR (in America, we say Nuke-u-lar--get it right, Canadians!). There was this sign at the reception that said if one was going to travel outside Canada in the near future, to let them know so they could give you a letter at security at the border explaining why you're all nuclear. Cool.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

okay what i *meant* to say (i always forget how annoying it can be to change blogger comments) was:

wish i had a geiger counter for you-- see if some parts are more hott than others ;) (in the non medical sense of course...)