Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Devilment

There's a line of sweat running down my back to my ass. It's kinda hot today.

You know what--you shouldn't pay attention to me right now. I'm completely annoying with my whining one moment and rejoicing the next. I annoy myself.

The other day, I was talking on the phone with my grandma, whom I call Mammy. Mammy is 80 years old, and she's not well. She's got Parkinson's disease, and a lot of aches and pains and such. Mammy and I often commiserate. We compare notes. So as Mammy was telling me about what ails her, I said, "Mam, you know what you need? You need to smoke some weed." There was a long pause. Then she said slowly in her lilting voice, "Why, Brandy, don't you go puttin' the devilment in my mind!" And she chuckled. And I thought, jeez, how much would that rock if I could get Mammy stoned? Alas, I believe that's one goal that will never be attained.

But "devilment"--what an awesome word! Thanks, Mam!

1 comment:

stevii nichole said...

mammy is pretty much a saint :)