Wednesday, September 24, 2008

There's a Hole in my Chest, dear Liza, dear Liza

The biopsy went okay yesterday. The radiologist used three different sized needles to try to get a tiny speck of flesh from me (14, 16, and 18 gauge). And scissors--she used scissors to cut open a hole so the needle would go in easier. Luckily, I didn't feel a thing after the local was administered (the local, by the way, stung like a mother, but oh well). She kept asking Dude if he was okay or if he was going to pass out, and I couldn't understand why, but then I realized that he could probably see the hole in my chest and I couldn't. Not that it was a big hole, but I guess the idea of using scissors on my body could freak some people out. But not DH--he's brave.

I should get the results in a few days, but I'm still confident that it's just fat necrosis.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hoy B! been keeping up with the blog and been keeping you n the fams in my thoughts.

Sandy C said...

I had my MRI yesterday and they found a "suspicious area" and an enlarged lymph node. Crap! I'm not posting it on my blog 'cause I don't want to freak anyone out but I'm so freaked out, you know? I have a follow up mammogram and biopsy next Wednesday so I'll have holes, too. I'm just following your lead, it seems! LOL!!