Sunday, September 30, 2007

Brandy's Babes Take Vancouver by (& in a) Storm!




My hands are still thawing out as I type this. We couldn't have asked for shittier weather today--torrential downpour, windy & cold. But Brandy's Babes were still troopers and warriors, who braved the elements in support of breast cancer research. Not all of Brandy's Babes are pictured here. Among those missing (due to the weather and the crowd, we didn't quite stay together as planned all that well) are: Shirley and Steve (who walked with me for a good deal of the 5k); Heidy, Greg, Quintin and Gryphen (poor little Quintin got all wet and so they had to bow out); my sister-in-law, her husband and daughter; my parents-in-law; and Dude, who took the picture. Those who were MIA--which means they either were there and I didn't get to see them, or they were home sick or afraid of the rain--were Mary and Janice; Grace; Shirley Raibmon; Lawrence; my mom; and May. All told, 30 people were on the team, and together we raised around $3,500! Amazing.

So I'd like to thank everyone who participated in whatever way they could--and I hope everyone gets all cozy, snug, and dry today!

If anyone would still like to donate to the cause, visit CIBC Run for the Cure where in the middle of the page, you can make a donation.

3 comments:

dotorious said...

We survived the rain! Boy, that WAS pretty miserable, but I'm still glad to have been there. BTW, I blogged & uploaded my photos on flickr, too.

Vicki aka Mamapajama said...

I'm so impressed with all of you, what a great turnout in horrible weather! High fives!!

Information Seeker said...

Yes, I am guilty of being MIA but my heart walked with everyone, with a smile and cheerful thoughts :)